This article gives you an overview of the minimum requirements to use Zattoo.
These are the minimum requirements for the download speed per Zattoo stream:
- 0.5 Mbit/s - minimum broadband speed required
- 3 Mbit/s - recommended minimum broadband speed per SD stream
- 5 Mbit/s - recommended minimum broadband speed per HD stream
- 8 Mbit/s - recommended minimum broadband speed per Full HD stream
Please note that depending on the subscription model, a different number of parallel streams is possible and the Zattoo stream will not be the only one in the household using the Internet. Since the Zattoo streams will usually not have the complete bandwidth available, but will share it with other devices/services/programs, we recommend the following standard Internet contracts for a flawless SD / HD / Full HD transmission:
- Zattoo FREE: 16 to 30Mbit/s (for 1 Zattoo SD stream and other activities)
- Zattoo PREMIUM: 30 to 50Mbit/s (for 2 concurrent Zattoo HD streams and other activities)
- Zattoo ULTIMATE: 50 to 100Mbit/s (for 4 concurrent Zattoo Full HD streams and other activities)
Streaming with Zattoo happens in real time and is not pre-loaded. There is no buffering like on YouTube, Netflix or Amazon. Therefore, a good and stable internet connection is very important.
For stable transmission, especially on big screen such as Smart TV, Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV, we recommend a LAN connection (cable connection). WLAN (i.e. a wireless connection) can be affected by many factors that are not visible at first glance and is much more susceptible to errors than a cable connection. However, if you depend on wireless connection, here are some advice on how to optimize your Internet connection.
Minimum system requirements for using Zattoo:
Mobile browser: Chrome for Android 7.x and 8.x , Safari for iOS 11 and 12
Browser Check: verify here if your browser version is up-to-date
RAM of 1GB minimum
The following browsers are recommended for using Zattoo: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari.
Mobile devices - for using Zattoo on your mobile device, please note the following important information:
For using Zattoo on your mobile device, please note the following requirements:
stable internet connection as described above
While streaming with Zattoo, no other programs (e.g. Skype, YouTube) should be used simultaneously on the same or a different device in the same network. This can significantly reduce the bandwidth. All other active programs should be closed.
iOS 11 is required. Users on older iOS versions can only use Zattoo if the Zattoo app has been installed in the past. The app will be not available for a first download on older iOS versions. Please note that certain features might not be available (e. g. Chromecast, audio channel) and errors might occur.
Android 4.4 and later is needed to use Zattoo.
Smart TV - for using Zattoo on your Smart TV or streaming box, please take note of the following points:
- stable internet connection and download speed (see above)
- Software version up-to-date
- Zattoo app up-to-date
- LAN connection (cable connection) instead of WLAN connection (wireless connection)