In order to fix an issue with Zattoo in your browser on Windows 7 and higher or OS X 10 and higher*, please go through the following steps in order to get troubleshooting help. Try the next solution, if the issue remains.
Please note the the minimum necessary requirements for using Zattoo in your browser:
- Windows: Firefox from Windows 7, Chrome from Windows 7, Edge from Windows 10
- Mac: Firefox from 10.9, Chrome from 10.10, Safari from macOS 10.13
1. Browser update: Make sure that your browser is up-to-date. This can be checked here.
2. AdBlocker: Disable ad blocker. Click on the browser below for more information.
If you have Kaspersky installed, please check the following:
3. Manage DRM content and plugins:
In Chrome type chrome://components/ into the address bar and press enter. Check if the component Widevine Content Decryption Module is listed. If not, please download the latest version of Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/
In Firefox type about:preferences into the address bar and press enter > Activate DRM copy protection by checking the box Play DRM-controlled content. Type about:addons into the search bar and press enter: Go to Plugins: Widevine Content Decryption Module > Always activate
4. Clear Cookies and Cache: Especially when using an older device, it is possible that the RAM is full. Close the browser and restart it.
5. Restart your device.
6. Try another browser. For using Zattoo, we recommend Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Chromium Edge.
If the issue remains, please contact us here. To get quick help, please send us with the following information:
- OS Version installed
- Browser version
- Your Zattoo email address
- Detailed error description with steps to reproduce
- Are you able to see the Zattoo ad after logging in or remains the screen black after login?
- Can you start a stream on KiKa?
* Please note that operating systems older than Windows 7 and OS X 9 are no longer officially supported by us and therefore errors cannot be fixed.