To use Zattoo properly on the web, make sure you have the latest software versions installed. In addition, we have a few first aid tips to help you solve minor problems directly. Please go through these steps one by one and try the next one if the issue remains.
Please note the the minimum necessary requirements for using Zattoo on the web:
- Windows: Firefox from Windows 7, Chrome from Windows 7, Edge from Windows 10
- Mac: Firefox from 10.9, Chrome from 10.10, Safari from macOS 10.13
1. Browser update: Make sure that your browser is up-to-date. This can be checked here.
2. AdBlocker: Disable ad blocker. Click on the browser below for more information.
If you have Kaspersky installed, please check the following:
How to disable the blocking banners for a website from the application
How to disable blocking banners for a website from the browser
3. Manage DRM content and plugins:
In Chrome type chrome://components/ into the address bar and press enter. Check if the component Widevine Content Decryption Module is listed. If not, please download the latest version of Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/
In Firefox type about:preferences into the address bar and press enter > Activate DRM copy protection by checking the box Play DRM-controlled content. Type about:addons into the search bar and press enter: Go to Plugins: Widevine Content Decryption Module > Always activate
4. Clear Cookies and Cache: Especially when using an older device, it is possible that the RAM is full. Close the browser and restart it.
5. Restart your device.
6. Check and optimise your network connection:
For helpful tips, click here.
7. Try another browser. For using Zattoo, we recommend Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Edge.
If the issue remains, please contact us here. To get quick help, please send us with the following information:
- Firmware version
- Browser version
- Your Zattoo email address
- Description of the exact steps you carried out when the problem occurred. This helps us to identify the problem and to help you as fast as possible.
- For Free users: Do you see the Zattoo ad after login or does the screen remain black?
- Can you start a stream on KiKa?
* Please note that operating systems older than Windows 7 and OS X 9 are not officially supported. Errors cannot be fixed.
Article is closed for comments.