This article gives you an overview on the usage of Zattoo abroad:
- Zattoo Germany and Zattoo Austria
- Zattoo Switzerland
For German and Austrian Zattoo Premium and Ultimate users:
As a German or Austrian Premium or Ultimate user you can use your subscription temporarily in other EU countries (e.g. on holidays, business trips, semesters or internships abroad). This is regulated by the EU portability law, which was enforced in January 2018.
These requirements apply for the usage in EU-countries:
- App must be downloaded on your device in Germany before departure as the download will not be possible abroad
- Zattoo account must be registered in Germany and assigned to German service region
- Your permanent residency must remain in Germany
- Access to your subscription only on a temporary basis for 90 days in a raw. If the usage of 90 days is exceeded, TV streaming will not be available anymore
If these conditions are met, you will be able to use the service EU-wide. Please note that the app can only be downloaded in Germany. You will not be able to download the Zattoo app abroad.
German Zattoo Free users can only use our service within Germany. The service is not available in other EU countries. If you are already in another EU country and the app is installed on your device, you can upgrade to PREMIUM or ULTIMATE at any time in our Zattoo Shop: Click here.
EU countries 2018:
Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland, United Kingdom, Greece, Portugal, Spain, Finland, Austria, Sweden, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia and Germany.
Streaming is also possible on these Caribbean islands (EU): Guadeloupe, Guyana, Saint Martin, Martinique, Reunion, Mayotte, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius, Saba
For Swiss Zattoo Premium and Ultimate users:
As Switzerland is not part of the EU, the new EU regulation on cross-border use does not apply to our Swiss users. However, Swiss Premium and Ultimate users can access their recordings stored in their playlist worldwide.
These requirements apply for playing recordings worldwide:
- App must be downloaded on your device in Switzerland before departure as the download will not be possible abroad
- Zattoo account must be registered in Switzerland and assigned to Swiss service region
- Your permanent residency must remain in Switzerland
- Access of your recordings only on a temporary basis for 90 days in a raw. If the usage of 90 days is exceeded, the service will not be available anymore.
For more information click here.
Zattoo Free users can only use our service within Switzerland. The worldwide access to recordings is not possible. If you are already abroad and the app is installed on your device, you can upgrade to Premium or Ultimate at any time in our Zattoo Shop: Click here.
If you have further questions, please contact us here.