In order to fix an issue on Fire TV, please go through the following steps in order to get troubleshooting help. Try the next solution, if the issue remains:
In case of sound / freeze picture, please start a stream, e.g. on ARD, then click in the middle of the Fire TV remote control to open the player controls, select the speech bubble and select "German" and confirm. Your Fire TV will now remember this audio track as a fixed audio setting so that it is automatically set when you switch off the Fire TV and restart it later.
Alternatively, go to Fire TV Settings => Display and audio => Audio => Dolby digital output => Select Dolby Digital Plus OFF
1. Disconnect device from power supply
Disconnect your Fire TV from the power supply for about 60 seconds, reconnect and restart the app. Should the issue remains proceed through the steps mentioned below.
2. Delete the Zattoo app and reinstall it:
- Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Zattoo TV > Uninstall
- Restart your fireTV
- Reinstall the App: Apps > Select Zattoo and download
For more information click here.
3. Firmware update on your Fire TV:
- Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for System Update
4. Clear cache and data: Empty the cache of the Zattoo app:
- Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Zattoo TV > Clear cache / Clear data
5. Check your internet connection:
The app will only work properly if your Internet connection is constantly stable. For a stable transmission we recommend a LAN connection (cable connection). WLAN (i.e. a wireless connection) can be affected by many factors that are not apparent at first glance and is much more susceptible to errors than a cable connection.
Note: For users who have not laid any cables directly at home or in the apartment, there is the option of laying LAN via a socket (e.g. Powerline adapter from Devolo or Fritz). Here you can also find a Powerline adapter comparison.
6. Set frequency manually:
- Settings > Display and Sounds > Display > Video Resolution > Set the Auto setting to 1080p 50 Hz or 720p 50 Hz and check which setting works better for you.
Although the TV stick/box should always select the correct frequency automatically, sometimes it doesn't quite work. Therefore, it can be helpful to set the frequency manually.
7. Reset to factory settings:
If the issue remains, a reset to factory settings might help to fix it. Your Fire TV will then have to be reconfigured, but this won't take much time and usually helps to solve issues.
- Settings > My Fire TV > Reset to Factory Defaults
If the problem remains, please contact us here and submit the following information:
- Amazon fireTV Generation
- Zattoo App Version
- Fire OS Software Version
- Your Zattoo email address
- Detailed error description with steps to reproduce the error