Zattoo is the first TV streaming service in Germany that allows integration into Google Assistant. You can control Zattoo via all devices supporting Google Assistant.
Which devices can be used for Zattoo TV with voice control?
For Zattoo's TV voice control, any device on which Google Assistant is pre-installed or supported can be used:
- Google Home speaker
- Smart speaker with Google Assistant
- Android TV
- Google Cast enabled devices
- Android/iOS mobile devices (iOS devices only when connected to Chromecast)
- Chrome browser
- Google Nest Hub
Link your Google account to Zattoo in your Google Home app to enable playback on compatible devices and get started with voice control:
- Open Google Home app.
- Click on profile icon.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Add.
- Select Videos and photos.
- Select Zattoo > Link your Zattoo account.
- Zattoo service now is enabled for voice control through Google Assistant.
These commands for channel controls and player controls are supported:
- OK Google, zeige RTL auf Zattoo.
- OK Google, schalte um auf ZDF.
- OK Google, was läuft gerade?
- OK Google, schalte einen Sender zurück.
Commands for content controls, search controls, recording controls are not yet supported.
Which channels are supported with Google voice control?
At the moment there are almost 50 channels which can be controlled with Google voice control: 123 TV, 3sat, Bibel TV, BR, BR alpha, Comedy Central, arte, Deluxe Music, Deutsches Musikfernsehen, DMAX, HR, HSE 24, Kabel 1, KiKa, MDR, MTV, NDR, nickelodeon, ntv, phoenix, Pro7, Pro7 maxx, QVC, rbb, RIC, RTL, RTL plus, RTL 2, RTL nitro, Sat.1, Sat.1 Gold, Sixx, Sonnenklar TV, SR, Super RTL, SWR Tele 5, TLC, Toggo, Vox, WDR, ZDF, ZDF info, ZDF neo.